Prepare your Home for Wind and Storm Damage
Storm Damage to your Newburgh Home
When wind and storms come your way, you need to make sure your roof and home are secure. There are ways to secure your roof and home before the storm comes. Roof damage can create secondary inside water damages in your home. As well, as other glass and fragile areas in your home.
Call a roofing professional to ensure your roof shingles are in place. You can even have them apply adhesive to keep them in place during high wind seasons.
Here are a few other thoughts to consider before storm damage season comes:
- Secure Doors, Windows, and Garage
- Doors and Windows Are Wind-Ready
- Roof damage isn’t the only consideration when preparing your home for strong winds.
Other Wind Fragile Areas
- Permanent impact-resistant shutters will protect your windows against heavy winds, rain, and hail.
- Entry doors should have dead bolt locks and three hinges for high wind protection.
- Impact-resistant glass is a must for all patio doors and windows.
- Check with the manufacturer of your garage door to see if bracing kits are available. They create double the protection for your home.
Keep your home or business safe with these tips before the storms come this spring season.